Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Your Eyes Dance

By: Guest Blogger Holly
Image by Sarah
Your eyes dance and I know you feel it. This pull, this spark between us.
You’re everything I have been searching for, in fact,
You’re perfect.
All of this reminds me of you. Everywhere I turn, everything I see.
No one quite compares.
Your eyes are like magnets now.
Pulling me closer.
I lace my fingers around the back of your neck. I’m paralyzed with a feeling
I have never experienced before. This is too much.
You’re breaking me down tonight. Letting me down easy.
Easy for some, perhaps. There is no “easy” in a life without you.
I think I’m scared.
I’m almost certain of it.
I want to fight for you. I want to let you know I love you, but
What good would any of this do?

I’m weak. I’m such a weak person.
But I mean it.
I love you.
You already know this. I’m sure of it.
 It’s why you’re saying everything you are right now.
It’s why you’re letting me know we can never be together.
It’s why you’re ripping away the only person who has ever meant anything to me.
You’re leaving. Reopening all of these wounds.

As I draw back from your embrace, I look into your eyes once more.
You tell me you’re not a good person, that I’d regret loving you.
I don’t believe you.
The only regret I have is not trying sooner.
Not fighting when I had a decent chance.
When I had a chance in general.
You weren’t lying when you kissed me. No, that was real.
It was real.
When we locked eyes I felt as if I had known you my entire life.
And when you looked at me, it was as if the world was ending tonight, like this was our last chance to enjoy each other. Relish in each other’s touch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment